Dear Friends & Neighbors:
As the City of Carlsbad reaches build-out, new challenges await us. As we strive to meet these new challenges, I believe that council leadership must continue to–
- Provide excellence in public safety
- Protect smart limited growth and the environment
- Preserve fiscal solvency and sustainability
- Promote economic development and educational advocacy
- Plan for the future through consensus building and collaboration
In District 1 specifically, I believe we must–
- Refine and implement the Village & Barrio Plan
- Take a fresh, common-sense approach to revitalization
- Focus on transparency and community engagement
- Build consensus and collaboration among all stakeholders
Overall, experienced leadership will be important, but so will the ability to fully connect with the people who live in and make up our community.
As a long-time resident, a two-term member of the CUSD school board, a local business owner, and Executive Director of a local non-profit, I have led in the community’s best interest with honesty, integrity and good old fashioned hard work.
This fall, I hope you, the residents of District 1 in Carlsbad, will vote for me!